Let’s crack the interview

You’re waiting for your turn –

Hi, my name is Rohan and I’m an engineer.

Hi, my name is Rohan and I’m an engineer.

Hi, my name is Rohan and I’m an engineer.

When it’s finally your turn-

Hi,my name is engineer and I’m Rohan.

Have you done this?

Here are some ways to help you channelise your thoughts so that you don’t make the same mistake twice-

  1. Follow the 80/20 Rule

One of the easiest ways of showing confidence is through eye contact.  Use the 80/20 rule of meeting someone’s eyes 80% of the time and focusing on something else the other 20% of the time so you don’t appear too intense or make the other person uncomfortable.

2. Go with the flow

Stay calm. Think and act like the boss. Don’t try to rehearse the entire interview in your mind. It will only seem like too much.

Listen carefully, pause a minute before answering, take the opportunity to think, and answer each question one at a time. If you think of the interview process in small chunks, it won’t feel nearly as daunting!

3. Break a Sweat

Work out for an hour on the day of the interview. Working out is one of the best ways to feel amazing and confident. Science has shown that exercising increases your endorphins, helps reduce stress and makes you feel happy and confident. So, hop into your joggers and hit the gym or just go for a run.

4. Take a Chill Pill

Don’t fret over what is going to happen or do not  focus on others who are there for the same position. Rather, listen to your favourite track or read a magazine while you wait for your turn. It will help you avoid the fatigue and the jitters that one feels just before entering the interview room. 

5. Play

6. Make mistakes, but don’t fret.

Even if you mess up, just admit the mistake, apologise and go again. No one is judging you for this.

The key to nailing all interviews and presentations is feeling confident and in control of everything.

Remember that the interviewer wants you to succeed.

They want to fill the position with someone great, and that person is you. So stay confident and show them your best qualities.

We hope to hear from you when you ace your next interview.

With ❤

Team LLA

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *